How to Make Chocolate Whipped Cream
The chocolate whipped cream is an easy recipe, extremely rich to use as a topping, filling, dip and even glaze for desserts or cupcakes. Since it is so soft and fluffy and not a stabilized whipped cream, use it for desserts you plan to serve within a day. Also, after you have decorated your parfait and have some mixture left, you can stir some into your coffee or hot chocolate. How delicious does that sound?
Now, to get into the matter, to prepare this recipe, you will need four essential ingredients:
What utensils do you need
- Mixer or whisk
- Large bowl (preferably a metal one)
- Sieve for powdered sugar
- Measuring cup
How to Prepare Chocolate Whipped Cream Step-by-step
- Gather all ingredients.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and stir in the confectioners’ sugar in a small, heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, stirring until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until thoroughly chilled. Put the mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator a few hours before you plan to beat the cream.
- Transfer the chilled cream to a large (preferably chilled) bowl and add the vanilla extract. Using the chilled beaters, beat to spreading or piping consistency. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before using.
- Enjoy your dessert!
Tip: Keep the whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How to make chocolate whipped cream without heavy cream
We believe you loved the previous step-by-step on preparing chocolate whipped cream, easy-breezy. However, we realized that some might not like to use heavy cream during the preparation of this recipe, for which we bring a good option for you: use cream.
Heavy and whipping cream come from the same ingredient: cream (LOL). The difference lies in that heavy cream has slightly more fat than whipping cream. The first contains around 36% mg fat, while the second is at least 30%. It is up to you whether to use one or another.
We recommend you use heavy cream. This last holds up better against warm milk bases. Whipping cream melts faster.
Read in this blog How to Make Whipped Cream with Cream Cartridges.
- 250 ml cold whipped cream
- 25 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
What to do?
- First, it is essential to chill the metal bowl in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before use.
- Next, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and the cream.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and place them in the bowl along with the cream.
- Beat for about 20 to 30 seconds on a low setting until you see bubbles.
- Increase the speed slowly. Please pay close attention to the texture of the cream; when it thickens and swells, it is good.
- Continue beating in a medium setting until desired consistency.
Lastly, try the cream after whisking to use immediately; the cream is not long-lasting after whisking. If you do not use the cream, put it in the fridge as soon as possible, and store it there for about three days.